Burning FLAC audio files

Started by arielcc, August 09, 2005, 03:25:38

Previous topic - Next topic

arielcc

HI
Does anybody know a good program to burn FLAC files to an audio disc?
please let me know!
i am new to this flac thing!

ariel

dsanchez

Quote from: arielccHI
Does anybody know a good program to burn FLAC files to an audio disc?
please let me know!
i am new to this flac thing!

As you know, FLAC files act as a kind of "ZIP" file, which means that FLAC files compress the original WAV files, so you could:

1) Convert the FLAC files to WAV, and then you can burn the CD in any software like NERO. To do this, download the FLAC FRONTEND from

http://flac.sourceforge.net/download.html

The FLAC frontend also allows you to convert WAV to FLAC

2) If you want something faster, you can get the NERO plugin for burning FLAC files onto your CD-R. You can download the plug-in here

http://neroplugins.cd-rw.org/

HTH
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

arielcc

HI
thank you for the information i will try to follow the terms carefully!

perhaps this way i can upload flac shows in the future!

ariel

lostflower4

I always do it the old-fashioned way of converting from FLAC to WAV before making a CD.

It's easy and doesn't take much time at all to convert.  8)

It took me a while before I got into FLAC. It sounded complicated, but the program David mentions is great and a breeze to use. It even allows you to play your files through Winamp.

It would be great to see more FLAC shows on here. I plan on hosting more, but my upload is painfully slow! :x

Tof

you can convert flac to mp3 with dBpowerAMP Music Converter and downlmoad the codec to the official site of this program
Tof

DontMoove

As Tof, I use dbpoweramp to listen and dbpowerconverter to concert shn or flac into wav and then use the wav to have and audio cd...

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/

there is a lot of plugins...
JP

lostflower4

Quote from: lostflower4 on August 10, 2005, 23:41:05
I always do it the old-fashioned way of converting from FLAC to WAV before making a CD.

Haha, I must have written that when I had only a handful of FLAC shows. The Nero plugin is awesome â€" a must have!

I did some file integrity tests on it too. It works with 100% accuracy.

cult_hero

i use nero with the flac plug-in. that's the easiest way.

j

I cannot for the life of me get that to work!!  I have the plugin in installed, yet Nero will not recognize FLAC format.  I have a few shows that I put on DVD-r, then deleted the files from my HD.  I then copied the files back to my hardrive a while later to convert for an audio disk and it says that I don't have the correct codec to decode.  I tried decoding using both FLAC Frontend and dBpoweramp, but both gave the same error.  As a last ditch attempt, I was going to try to burn them direct to cd from FLAC before giving up, but I can't get that to work.

cult_hero

maybe the flac plug-in is in the wrong folder? which version of nero do you use?

my plugins are installed here: C:\Programme\Gemeinsame Dateien\Ahead\AudioPlugins (and not in C:\Programm Files....!)

in the english version of windows xp it should be here (nero 6):

C:\Programs\Common Files\Ahead\AudioPlugins

or here

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\AudioPlugins

lostflower4

Quote from: cult_hero on September 08, 2006, 15:23:36
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\AudioPlugins

Mine is in this location. I was also thinking that might be your problem, as the regular Nero directory is different than this.

lacrima mosa

does anyone know how to do so for nero 7? i cannot find a folder to put in the plugins...
08.10.2022 Helsinki
10.10.2022 Stockholm
12.10.2022 Oslo
13.10.2022 Göteborg
14.10.2022 Kopenhagen
16.10.2022 Hamburg
17.10.2022 Leipzig
18.10.2022 Berlin
18.11.2022 Strassburg
19.11.2022 Basel

rodney

Yahoo! Music Jukebox works too.  You just drag and drop them from your folder to a playlist and click on the little flame.  It's really easy.

japanesebaby

Quote from: airneck on October 03, 2006, 08:56:38
For Macusers,

You can burn directly the FLAC with Roxio Toast 7.0, choose audio, drop the flac, and click burn...
Easy no? but you can be assured that you would have the tiny click, the microsecond gaps between tracks...

So as usual, the best way to burn Disc-At-Once is to use Roxio Jam 6 ( a software used for mastering audio cd)
but Jam can't burn directly Flac. You must before burning, convert the Flac to AIFF with apps like xAct for instance.
Then drop the AIFF in Jam and burn.
No gaps, no microseconds shitclicks... Just a perfect disc-at once !

Hope this help (at last, it would interest japanese baby, another macuser!  :) )

sure! actually i confess i had never noticed that click/gap problem with Toast because i've always done it the hard way, converting to aiff with xATC first... i think that's simply because i burn flacs to audio cds extremely rarely, so it hasn't bothered me to add an extra step and convert to aiff first with another application.
but good to know this, about Toast! :(

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

cult_hero

Quote from: lacrima mosa on September 09, 2006, 09:24:01
does anyone know how to do so for nero 7? i cannot find a folder to put in the plugins...

try this;)