Main Menu

Started by Steve, October 11, 2007, 08:50:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve

I never noticed it before, but what is the karma rating?
Cheers
Steve
I know tomorrow's going to taste like cake
http://www.balatonfured.hu/en_index.php

ROGUE

Have i done something good ? and have you done it 3 times ? good for you Steve  :D

Yes just wondering the same, just sent msg to David, what is it all about ? but then if we know, it might not be as pure ?

in other words, i dont have a clue,. .

ROGUE

I know !!!!!!!!!!

I just clicked on Steves, and Cure Freaks in previous thred- wondering what it was.

Steve had 3, now 4 !!  I just gave you one Steve, so there you go,  :smth023  you owe me a karma click pwease  :twisted:   :lol:

seriously do it.  thank you. lol

god knows how many i clicked before, wondering what i was. . . ? if we knew maybe it would be better. ? 

either way I want a karma click please

japanesebaby

Quote from: ROGUE on October 11, 2007, 10:10:04
I know !!!!!!!!!!

I just clicked on Steves, and Cure Freaks in previous thred- wondering what it was.

Steve had 3, now 4 !!  I just gave you one Steve, so there you go,  :smth023  you owe me a karma click pwease  :twisted:   :lol:

seriously do it.  thank you. lol

god knows how many i clicked before, wondering what i was. . . ? if we knew maybe it would be better. ? 

either way I want a karma click please

it's about this new feature we're trying here, with which you can give credit for helpful posts (or maybe also on the contrary).
intructions will follow soon i'm sure... please watch this section for more news...

meanwhile, please don't just shoot away every time you see someone you've seen before and please don't clickclickclickclick away just for fun because it's not set to work every 5 seconds or not even in every 15 minutes.
maybe try to think of it not as fast food but something a bit more gourmet - so maybe save it for some special occasion...

it's not a competition and it's not about who posts most or who has most friends here. it's simply something you use when you've found something helpful from the forum - or the other way round.
but it's not a game or something set up just for entertainment and fun.

thanks everyone and please have some patience.  :smth001
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

ROGUE

okay from 1 to -2 in seconds, wow okay, so this mean i can take one of mine back, when i didnt know what it was.?

thats not nice.

Hey i didnt know what it was, god. Iam not the only one wondering, or who had clicked, am i being punished for each click ?  wtf ?

ok whatever.

and when i wrote the above, i had no idea what i was- neither did alot of people.????

Ok i accidently clicked Steve to see wat would happen, so what.

Japanesebaby why wont you answer my personal messsage instead of making a mockery of me??????????????????????????????

disintegration

I don't understand this karma....
Datemi un cielo per caderci dentro!
SOLO LA TERNANA!
http://www.ternanashirts.it/
LADY, la luce nel mio buio!

japanesebaby

Quote from: ROGUE on October 11, 2007, 10:47:16
okay from 1 to -2 in seconds, wow okay, so this mean i can take one of mine back, when i didnt know what it was.?

thats not nice.

Hey i didnt know what it was, god. Iam not the only one wondering, or who had clicked, am i being punished for each click ?  wtf ?

ok whatever.

and when i wrote the above, i had no idea what i was- neither did alot of people.????

Ok i accidently clicked Steve to see wat would happen, so what.

Japanesebaby why wont you answer my personal messsage instead of making a mockery of me??????????????????????????????

hey i am NOT making mockery of you! and yes i have answered your pm. :!: actually i've sent you two pms already, please read those.
please note it takes a few minutes to write a pm, even if i read your pm right away and maybe i'm not at my computer all the time even if i'm logged in. please.

look, i've posted here trying to give some instructions about this thing, as much as we have at the moment.
like i already said, it's not a game or it's a competition.

ROGUE

:rocker fuk it being liked is over-rated anyway.  I want Smits- DO IT-   I am trying to reach -50   

Just another number in society TO IGNORE... and strive for honesty,

or "i got a good idea- lets suk each others butts and rate it"  :smth023

Why does it matter, arent we all equal- i dont like excuses to single people out via numbers,

we have names.  I liked thinking we were all equal here....?

japanesebaby

everyone:
it's not possible that one single person makes another go several notches down within minutes. the feature is set so that it must take several hours between karma clicks. this is to prevent people clicking on each other all the time.
i'm sorry for the upset feelings rogue and i've just sent you a third pm for it.
but i didn't make you go to -2 just by clicking you several times in a row. because it's simply impossible, ok?

i see you've clicked -1 for me for reward and well, i can't help that. anyway, i didn't make you go on the negative side.
too bad this thing is going wrong from the start. :(
i've tried to post a little bit info here to give people some idea of what this feature is, yet i find myself in the line of fire. well, ok.
i guess we can just all learn here what this sort of anonymous features can do, if we're not careful about their use. :!:
so let's try to use it wisely in the future.
we really wanted to make this something that could be helpful here.

please people let's take it easy with this thing for a while, before we get more instructions here. 
let's stop fighting and do what we all have to do to set things nice again. we don't need extra hassle/bad feelings about this thing.
i have to say i really don't feel so great about this today either.  :roll:

thanks everyone. :smth001

(i'm out of here for now because this made my feelings sink too. i hope david7caley will post some more precise news about this feature soon so we will avoid things like this happenieng again. later folks.)

japanesebaby

ROGUE, i came back since i found a way to prove it was not me who smite you:
look at your karma, i've just given you a plus. if i had been smiting you before, it would be impossible because one can't click the same person several times within the same 10 hours.
ok?

ROGUE

Quote from: japanesebaby on October 11, 2007, 11:06:41
everyone:
it's not possible that one single person makes another go several notches down within minutes. the feature is set so that it must take several hours between karma clicks. this is to prevent people clicking on each other all the time.
i'm sorry for the upset feelings rogue and i've just sent you a third pm for it.
but i didn't make you go to -2 just by clicking you several times in a row. because it's simply impossible, ok?

i see you've clicked -1 for me for reward and well, i can't help that. anyway, i didn't make you go on the negative side.
too bad this thing is going wrong from the start. :(
i've tried to post a little bit info here to give people some idea of what this feature is, yet i find myself in the line of fire. well, ok.
i guess we can just all learn here what this sort of anonymous features can do, if we're not careful about their use. :!:
so let's try to use it wisely in the future.
we really wanted to make this something that could be helpful here.

please people let's take it easy with this thing for a while, before we get more instructions here. 
let's stop fighting and do what we all have to do to set things nice again. we don't need extra hassle/bad feelings about this thing.
i have to say i really don't feel so great about this today either.  :roll:

thanks everyone. :smth001

(i'm out of here for now because this made my feelings sink too. i hope david7caley will post some more precise news about this feature soon so we will avoid things like this happenieng again. later folks.)

Thank you for saying that in your previous msg, but the msg before that i was +2, so i wasnt asking about -2, anyway thank you for msg.

I just think this is pretentious and will loose alot of newbies, and upset alot of people.

thanx, thats the way i feel.

Its like people can suddenly gang onto anyone !!  Thats awful,  numbers,..... still going for broke anyone ?  take me to -50 and i will feel good, Really, iam at my best when the world is against me. xoxo

THANX ANYWAY JAPANESEBABY - appreciate that, but still, i dont like this feature,

Sincerely Thank you so much for talking me through.  :smth023

This is just my opinion and i think it is degrading, and pretentious.,   I never said it was you who did this JapaneseBaby~ I msg you because i didnt understand.

Please dont take offense, i didnt accuse you, at all, I just didnt understand. 

I just dont like it, maybe other people will, but it takes away alot of equality, and purity, with this rating or de-rating system-

Just one opinion.

thank you

melly

Hey, whoa there!!! Please please please do not let this site sink into the gurgling depths the other has. Please, don't get angry over something that really isn't that important.Well,it doesn't appear to be; to me anyway..take a look at me... 3 posts so far..I doubt I will ever get anything next to my name!!! But, do I care?? Nahhh..I come here to enjoy the people and their comments about such a wide variety of subjects on the one thing that brings everyone here together. The Cure and their music. That's how I look at it anyway;it isn't that important who has how many "thinggies" is it? Really? Take a deep breath... relax...   
" Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain "...

Steve

Thanks for all the info.
I understand now. Just seems it might need a bit of regulating I suppose.
Well, that fairly normal for experiments right?
As for the friction I appear to have caused, I apologise.
I do hope we don't end up resenting each other. This place is (IMHO) a really good place full of really interesting & diverse people with one single passion in common.
Let's not lose sight of that.

Cheers
Steve
I know tomorrow's going to taste like cake
http://www.balatonfured.hu/en_index.php

scatcat

Quote from: Steve on October 11, 2007, 12:01:06
Thanks for all the info.
I understand now. Just seems it might need a bit of regulating I suppose.
Well, that fairly normal for experiments right?
As for the friction I appear to have caused, I apologise.
I do hope we don't end up resenting each other. This place is (IMHO) a really good place full of really interesting & diverse people with one single passion in common.
Let's not lose sight of that.

I didn't know what it was all about when it was introduced. Karma is supposed to represent spirituality. This all seems bit negative, even if well-meant, IMHO I beginning to think this good place to be too Steve. One thing in common.

:smth020
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

j

This is a feature that is used on many forums.  The idea behind it is to reward good, meaningful posts, and "punish" meaningless or ill-spirited posts.

For example:

1.  I post a link to a show I've uploaded....click on applaud for me.  Brent Graham posts those links all over the interet, click smite for him.

2.  A member posts asking a question in the technical forum regarding seeding torrents.  Another member answers the question and helps the person out.  The original poster should click applaud.  If another member types a smart ass remark, click smite.

It is a way to NOT have this site sink to the depths of the other Cure related forums out there.  It is not a mechanism to hook up your friends; rather it is the mechanism that is needed to keep this forum up to the standards that we have all come to expect and desire.